Bugzilla – Bug 1161470
missing license for yast2-ruby-bindings
Last modified: 2020-01-23 11:31:03 UTC
For purpose of assigning correct licenses to yast2-translations, I did a license review of YaST modules.
I found that yast/ruby-bindings repository lacks any COPYING* or *LICENCE* file.
yast2-ruby-bindings.spec says GPL-2.0-only
License inside files mostly says "GNU General Public License; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version". But GPL says: "You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program" => You should add the COPYING* or *LICENSE* file.
Here is the list of other repositories without COPYING* or *LICENCE* file:
autoyast-integration-test autoyast-profiles-test aytests-tests blog build-test burndown docker-devel docker-libstorage-ng docker-yast-cpp docker-yast-ruby helper_scripts meta os-autoinst-distri-opensuse ruby-ui ui-qt-tests yast.github.io
But these files don't have RPMNAME, so they are probably not a source of any package.
Licenses for other packages:
libyui-rake, rake: GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2.1
hana-firewall, yast2-adsi, yast2-aduc, yast2-dns-manager, yast2-gpmc: GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3
patterns-yast: MIT License
all other projects: GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2
(Scan done on December 10th, 2019.)
Purpose of my research:
As part of license issue for translations, I investigated possible license choices for yast-translations (bug 1137775, internal).
As the standard license of translations follows the package ("# This file is distributed under the same license as the package." is part of a standard header.), I have to evaluate every particular package license, and yast-translations should mention all these licenses.
(In reply to Stanislav Brabec from comment #0)
> License inside files mostly says "GNU General Public License; either version
> 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version". But GPL says: "You
> should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
> this program" => You should add the COPYING* or *LICENSE* file.
I will, thanks for the heads-up
Fixed in https://github.com/yast/yast-ruby-bindings/pull/238
Fix also submitted to the Tumbleweed SLE packages