Bugzilla – Bug 1078206
Upgrading to 20180128 breaks sudo and fails at switch root during boot
Last modified: 2018-06-22 10:55:43 UTC
Steps to recreate:
1. Perform a zypper dup - nothing out of the ordinary.
2. Wait a few minutes, attempt to use sudo for something, password will fail.
3. Try opening YaST and it'll complain user 'root' not found.
4. Startup will commence but fail at switch root (as far as I can tell).
1. Boot into Maintenance Mode.
2. snapper list (get the numbers)
3. snapper -v undochange xx..xx
4. Reboot. The default option will no longer work, must go to advanced and select the previous kernel.
Processor: Intel Core i7-3687U
Graphics: Intel Ivybridge Mobile
I held back the following packages and the upgrade was able to proceed.
@systemd as it is 6 months old ticket it was quite probably solved in the meantime.
Well 6 months later Joshua probably lost interest in this...
Joshua, do you still have interest in fixing your issue ? if so can you still provide some debug logs ?
Perhaps a duplicate bug #1096050...
Anyway, I'm going to close this bug as Joshua probably solved his issue somehow now. Feel free to re-open if it's not the case and again sorry for the delay.