Bugzilla – Bug 1077306
Plasma Bluetooth shows devices as available even though they are not
Last modified: 2018-09-26 05:56:01 UTC
I just upgraded to Tumbleweed 20180122 with the 5.12 Plasma beta, and the bluetooth applet(?) in the systray shows (registered) devices as available even though they are not powered on, e.g. my headset is listed even though I did not activated it.
Was it not the case in Plasma 5.11? I see the same behavior, but since usually my headset connects as soon as I turn it on so I did not check if this behavior actually changed.
I cannot tell for sure if this also did happen with 5.11 but I never noticed it before, and I am using bluetooth headset every day. But bluetooth does not work correctly for me anyway e.g. #1067641
I just resumed from suspend:
- first thing i need to do is sudo service bluetooth restart
- sometimes I also need a sudo /usr/bin/rfkill unblock bluetooth (but not today and on the Thinkpad T470s I hardly need to unblock -> hardware toggle works most of the time)
- Then when I enable my headset they do not show up in the bluetooth list so I go into the configuration of the applet to the device list and press the "Connect" button there.
- The headset did connect and is now in the list of the applet where I would expect it.
- I disable my headset. The OS notices that and shows everything as disconnected and the sound applet also does not list the headset to configure the volume. This works.
- However, the headset is now listed in the bluetooth list even though it is off.
- I can toggle bluetooth on and off from the applet (with the checkbox) the headset does not disappear.
- I do a hardware toggle and it is gone. However, it again will not appear until I go in the configuration and manually connect it from the device list.
I hope this helped a little. If you need me to install some special package to get more debug information please just tell me.
I am now on 20180905 and this is still the case.
While my other bluetooth related problem was fixed (reconnecting to a device) this is still the case with 20180920